TenPenh Tysons Opening
Congratulations to Passion Food and the team at TenPenh Tysons for their successful opening today. We wish you all the best and were glad to work with you on your project!
DC’s Coolest Restaurant Designs
Potomac Construction Services is fortunate to have worked with HapstakDemetriou+ and CORE Architects on Pineapple & Pearls and Junction Bakery and Bistro, both recognized as two of 2016’s coolest restaurant designs by the Washington Business Journal!
Ten Questions for Potomac Construction
A recent article proposed ten questions you should ask before hiring a construction company. We answered them in advance to demonstrate Potomac Construction Services’ credibility and passion for our work.
1. Are you financially committed? Potomac Construction has an excellent reputation in the community for honoring its financial commitments to its clients and subcontractors. In the history of our operations, we have completed all our projects and honored all our financial commitments.
2. Have you gone by other names? We have been Potomac Construction Services since our founding in 2005.
3. Do you have a permanent address? We have operated in an office in downtown Bethesda for over ten years and are located at 4927 Auburn Avenue, Suite 300, Bethesda, MD 20814.
4. Will you provide a safety plan? We take safety very seriously here at Potomac Construction. We’ve got a 70-page document outlining all our policies, from first aid to electrical equipment to hazard analysis. Additionally, below are our top three programs to ensure the safety of our jobsites, team members, subcontractors and any other individuals in our working areas:
I. OSHA Certifications / CPR: All onsite personnel are Occupational Health and Safety Administration 30 Certified and our Project Management team is OSHA 10 Certified. Additionally, all team members are trained in CPR, which is managed by our in-house safety manager.
II. Safety Plans: All applicable subcontractors are required to provide us with a safety plan for their on-site activities.
III. Third Party Safety Inspectors: We engage a third-party safety manager to audit all our job sites to ensure compliance in federal and company regulations as it pertains to job site safety.
5. Are you licensed and registered? Potomac Construction is a registered General Contractor and has a business license in DC, Maryland and Virginia (in addition to some other select areas outside of the DC Metro).
6. How long have you been in business? 11 years, and growing every year.
7. How do you resolve complaints? While we all wish these never came up, we understand they arise from time to time. We are fully capable to work out any issue through efficient and transparent communication. In addition to a dedicated Project Manager and Superintendent on every project, the President of Potomac Construction, Tom Dailey, is 100% accessible for any matter which cannot be resolved by the direct managers.
8. What’s your workmanship warranty? One year from completion. We have a dedicated department for close-out and warranty issues and remain 100% committed through the conclusion of our warranty period.
9. Will you handle all project details? Of course! Our Project Managers oversee everything, from subcontractors to scheduling to final inspections. We work closely with the client, architect and engineer to ensure the project is properly coordinated.
10. Can you clearly specify payment terms? All our work is performed under industry standard contract terms wherein payment terms are clearly noted. Payment terms may be modified when necessary and appropriate.
Since we just answered ten questions, we’ve now got one for you:
1. When can we start?
Smithsonian Food History Gala
Potomac Construction was proud to sponsor the 2nd Annual Smithsonian Food History Gala, an event dedicated to the history of food and drink in the United States and its importance on our national culture. The gala raised money for the Smithsonian’s Food History programs and brought awareness to the Julia Child Foundation for Gastronomy and the Culinary Arts.
As we work with a wide range of influencers in the food industry, we recognize not only the importance of their contributions, but celebrate their accomplishments and impact they have had on many. We look forward to the growth of this event, its increased impact and future prosperity.
On Rye Opening
Congratulations to On Rye for their successful opening in Chinatown in Washington, DC. Potomac Construction is proud to build-out the first brick and mortar location for owners Ilyse Fishman and Jonathan Lerner.
AIA DC Award Winner
We are honored to have earned a Presidential Citation from the AIA DC Chapter with our partners at Bestudio for our work on ANXO Cidery and Pintxos Bar. Congrats, team!